Saturday 14 June 2008

Devo to stage art exhibition

Devo's Mark Mothersbaugh is planning a touring exhibition of his artwork in the US called 'The Postcard Diaries'.

The show chronicle his early tours with Devo and feature original postcard-sized works created as his personal diaries.

The images were never intended for public viewing but Mothersbaugh was convinced to display them.

�??Usually, the only way someone can get an original sketch is if I give it to them myself," he explained. "I�??ve sent a few in the mail, and handed others out to friends and family. I�??ve probably got around 30,000 of them filed away now�?�and I keep making more every day. The limited edition prints are my way of sharing these personal images with other people around the world.�?�

Postcard Diaries and Beautiful Mutants photographs will go on show at The Sacred Rose Tattoo Gallery in Berkley on May 24 and Chicago's DLG Gallery/River North on June 6.